Hostile Environment and Readiness Training
Concilium’s HEART program is a 5-day security intensive course for both faith-based and secular non-profit and humanitarian aid personnel who serve in complex and hostile environments and whose operations and reach often overlap.
HEART empowers those who desire to connect their calling with personal security training and incident management.
HEART is a truly unique course with NGO specific subject matter designed to strengthen resilience, build individual and team security competency, develop sustainable longevity in mission, and empower personnel to serve in dangerous places.
- Theology of Risk/Security In the Context of Ministry (SICM)
- Trans-Cultural Situational Awareness
- Personal Protective and Emergency Equipment
- Answering Question and Demands for Information from State and Non-State Actors
- Gender Security Issues
- Methods for Personal Self Defense
- Unexploded Ordinance/Explosive Remnants of War
- Weapons Familiarization
- Map Reading, GPS, and Navigation
- Convoy Principles and Best Practices
- Active Shooter Response
- Dealing with Targeted Attacks, Violent Conflict, and Acts of War
- Criminal Captivity and the Fundamentals of Escape
- Casualty Care in High Threat Environments
- Go Bags and Shelter In Place Kits
- Mental Functioning in High-Risk Environments
- Mental Acuity and Behavior Under Fire
- Psychological First Aid
- Principles of Hostage Survival, Mitigating Exploitation, and Rescue
- Final 15 Hour Immersion Exercise